This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Hospital Survey on Patient Safety Culture Baseline—Remeasurement Comparisons
A line graph compares baseline and remeasurement scores for 12 safety activities. The two scores follow a similar pattern.
- Overall perceptions of safety: remeasurement, 60%; baseline, 50%.
- Frequency of events reported: remeasurement, 50%; baseline, 53%
- Supervisor manager expectations: remeasurement, 85%; baseline, 70%.
- Organizational learning: remeasurement, 82%; baseline, 62%.
- Teamwork within units: remeasurement, 89%; baseline, 72%.
- Communication openness: remeasurement, 80%; baseline, 70%.
- Communication about error: remeasurement, 71%; baseline, 69%.
- Nonpunitive response to error: remeasurement, 32%; baseline, 32%.
- Staffing: remeasurement, 40%; baseline, 45%
- Hospital support for patient safety: remeasurement, 85%; baseline, 65%.
- Teamwork across hospital unit: remeasurement, 53%; baseline, 40%.
- Hospital handoffs and transitions: remeasurement, 25%; baseline, 25%.
Baseline Remeasurement dimension scores for a single hospital
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide