This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
- Unobserved Falls
- Observed Falls
- Delay In Tests or Treatments
- All Laboratory Specimen Related Occurrences Except Delays
- Injury or Exposure to Hospital Staff
- Omitted Medication Doses*
- Wrong Medication Administered*
- Wrong Dose of Drug*
- Adverse Drug Reactions
- Patient Misidentification*
These 11 event categories were identified during the pilot study of 8 hospitals and have been used throughout the project for reporting.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide