This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Advantages of EHR-Based Measurement
- Better data than claims-based
- More detailed clinical data (e.g. BP)
- More scalable than chart-reviews
- Faster, cheaper
- Greater sample size allows better provider comparisons
- Greater precision for encounter-level analyses
- Paradigm shift
- CDSS to Registry to Measure
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide