This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
What We Thought We Knew
- Claims-based performance measurement (PM) is inadequate, lacking:
- Accurate patient assignment for performance reporting (PR) and P4P
- Timeliness for clinical decision support and performance improvement (PI)
- Completeness and efficiency (sampling patients' charts)
- Granularity of measurement—few results
- Ability to measure uninsured patients
- EMRs can solve all of these problems
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide