This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
There is evidence Re: unstable and untimely assignment of patients using claims
- ~50% of patients change "assignments" over a 2-year period..*
To the right of the text is a pie chart with the following data:
Figure 2: Stability of Physician Assignments of Medicare Beneficiaries from 2002 through 2002
- Assigned physician in 2002-2002: 54%
- Assigned physicians: assignment changed in 2000-2001 or 2001-2002: 28%
- Assigned physicians: assignment changed in 2000-2001 bur returned to baseline physician in 2001-2002: 7%
- Assigned physicians: assignment changed in 2000-2001 and 2001-2002: 11%
* Pham et al. Care patterns in Medicare and their implications for Pay for Performance. NEnglJMed. 2007;356:1130-9.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide