This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
- Healthcare would benefit from physician office EMR's that integrate office and hospital information
- Current systems do not yet support highly efficient physician office workflow
- 80% of office visits in practices of less than 5 docs
- EMR's of all types are relatively expensive
- Vender landscape is challenging
- Most health systems are not invested in supporting independent physician offices
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide