This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Care Transformation Definition: Reaching a Higher Standard of Care
Care Transformation is a comprehensive approach to:
- Improve quality and safety of care, the patient care experience and improve financial stewardship.
- Achieve zero defects by embedding evidence throughout the care process
- Support acceleration of change and rapid replication
- Maximize value from Genesis technology
Trinity Health's brand name for Care Transformation is Genesis CareExperience (Genesis CareEx on second reference.)
Key attributes of Genesis CareEx are:
- Patient focused—studies the end-to-end patient experience.
- Disease specific—e.g. heart failure, acute coronary syndrome, diabetes
- Information and evidence drive—versus consensus opinion driven
- Holistic—examines all elements of cost and quality
- Measurable—produces quantifiable benefits
- Iterative—we never stop looking for new opportunities
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide