This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Designing the "Quality Health Record"
- High cost of dictation and transcription, storage and retrieval/release of information
- Fragmentation and case mix (lower productivity)
- Continuity of care, handoffs, and communication
- Ongoing "Quality Health Record" projects:
- Concurrent quality documentation review and dialogue with physicians, coding and DRG assignment
- Structured physician documentation templates (PN2G), including diagnosis
- Standard terminology definitions for documentation and coding classification
- Voice recognition and medical documentation quality review
- Document management (scanning) and Imaging
- "Virtual" environment—working remote and load balancing
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide