This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Clinical Information is an Enterprise Asset
Diagram of Clinical Value of Information Technology, and the Evolution of Information Technology
Transforming Clinical Care
- Predictive Analytics
- Global Health
Optimized Clinical Performance
- Clinical/Business Intelligence
- Clinical Decision Support
Basic Compliance/Score Carding
- Quality Compliance Reporting
- Automated ADE Surveillance/Voluntary Reporting/Real Time Surveillance →
- Data Warehousing →
- Clinical Information Systems (CPOE/CDR/EMR) →
- Infrastructure/Integration/Interoperability →
An arrow labeled "Clinical Value of Information Technology" points upward at the left side of the chart, and an arrow labeled "Evolution of Information Technology" points to the right at the bottom of the chart.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide