This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
- U.S. Healthcare System:
- High Costs, Variable Quality
- Greater use of HIT may improve care
- Potential annual savings of billions by reducing:
- Duplicate services
- Administrative costs
- Medical errors and adverse events
- Improve quality
- Adoption rates low
- Estimates inconsistent (5% to 65%) and unhelpful
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide