This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
What is Unique About Long Term Care (continued)
Characteristics of Electronic Prescribing in Long Term Care
- Close One to one relationship Between Facility and Pharmacy
- Different roles in Long Term Care
- Physician adoption desired but not required
- Use of Nurse Practioners[sic] and Physicians Assistants
- Nurse as an agent
- Small number of pharmacy software vendors compared to the retail market
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide