This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
- Although there are definite challenges to implementing electronic prescribing in Long Term Care the ability is real
- The results from the CMS pilot has proven that the standards can and do work in an LTC setting
- Subsequent Pilots have enabled the expansion and refinement of the standards to include even more relevant information
- Industry leaders have demonstrated a willingness to work together to enable the technology
- Real benefits have been proven in
- Cost and productivity savings
- Safety improvements
- The opportunity for impact is immense
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide