This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Pediatrics: ADE vs. Voluntary Reporting (12 mo)
Bar graph showing rate of reporting for adverse drug events (ADEs) in the pediatric department over a 12-month period comparing the ADE project (ADE-S) versus voluntary reporting (VRS):
- Analgesic-Narcotic: VRS, 4; ADE-S, 10.
- Anticoagulant: VRS, 1; ADE-S, 7.
- Antimicrobial: VRS, 3; ADE-S, 19.
- Cardiovascular: VRS, 4; ADE-S, 1.
- Diuretic: VRS, 0; ADE-S, 0.
- Hypoglycemic: VRS, 1; ADE-S, 4.
- Immunosuppressant: VRS, 3; ADE-S, 0.
- Electrolyte Supplementation: VRS, 5; ADE-S, 14.
- Sedative/hypnotic: VRS, 2; ADE-S, 2.
- Miscellaneous: VRS, 1; ADE-S, 2.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide