This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Automated ADE Surveillance: Next Steps
- At Washington University / St. Louis Children's Hospital:
- Use Event Detector expert system to detect ADEs in pediatric inpatients across SLCH
- Surveillance of pediatric patients with chronic disease in the ambulatory setting and across transitions in care (AHRQ R18 Award):
- Cancer, Sickle Cell Disease, Cystic Fibrosis
- Data from clinic notes (text analysis), pharmacy, laboratory, ED, inpatient and ambulatory EMRs
- New trigger types for these particular patient populations
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide