This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
How it works
- Health problem identified by child care or by parent
- Schedule a visit - page the telehealth clinician
- Telehealth assistant prepares for visit
- Connect at the scheduled time
- Information exchange - both real-time interaction and store and forward
- Prescription called to pharmacy when appropriate
- Usually OK to remain in child care
We'll skip most of these operational details.
The most important is the outcome, that problems are diagnosed and treated very quickly and most children are judged to be OK to remain in childcare.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide