This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
What are the High Performance Medicine Initiatives?
- 1. Investing in quality and utilization infrastructure
- Information systems applications
- Informatics Infrastructure (data, knowledge, services)
There is a two-way arrow running along the left-hand side of the text below. On top of the arrow it says Quality, and on the bottom of the arrow it is labeled Efficiency. To the left of the arrow is the phrase "Initiative Focus" running sideways along the arrow.
- Enhancing patient safety by reducing medication errors system-wide
- Enhancing uniform high quality by measuring performance to benchmark for select inpatient and outpatient conditions
- Expanding disease management programs by supporting activities for certain patients with chronic illnesses
- Improving cost effectiveness through managing utilization trends and analysis of variance
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide