This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
- Exclude patients with a diagnosis of polycystic ovaries (ICD-9-CM Code 256.4) who do not have a diagnosis of diabetes, in any setting, during the measurement year or year prior to the measurement year.
- Exclude patients with gestational diabetes (ICD-9-CM Code 648.8) or steroid-induced diabetes (ICD-9-CM Code 962.0, 251.8) during the measurement year
- Patients with bilateral foot/leg amputation
- ICD-9-CM exclusion codes for 2.9 Foot Exam: 896.2, 896.3, 897.6, 897.7
- Other reason documented by the practitioner for not performing a complete foot exam
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide