This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Conceptual framework: Differences
- How does system deal with change
- Natural systems evolved
- No spontaneous change of defining parameters
- Adaptation as a result of unstable previous states, to meet the changing demands placed upon by environment
- Technical systems
- Intentional design and manufacturing to provide solution to a specific, practical problem
- Suitable to perform a number of specific tasks
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide