This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Post-only Evaluations of Several Drug Cost-Containment Policies on Medication Use and Health Outcomes
- Conclusions: Mixed effects on outcomes and costs
- Design: Post-policy comparisons of several groups (e.g., with and without employer insurance)
- No data on baseline comparability
- Statistical adjustment for group differences
- Study groups were already different with respect to SES and health status
- Instrumental variables, propensity scores, etc. can't fully control for bias
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide