This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Using Technology to bring and maintain improvements in systems of care (UIHS Warner Mtn)
- We improved Report Data Quality
- The EHR implementation was a catalyst for improving clinic workflow, data entry. Organizational attention and resources were focused on data quality and report accuracy.
- Bring accurate data from paper/legacy system to Preload EHR
- Train all staff at point of data entry
- Coding training for providers
- IHS indicators defined, mapped verified in Next Gen
- (Indicator definitions (codes, lab values, etc.) Identify data fields or create new fields, write report, test report, verify data,
- We created Custom SQL Next Gen Reports to maintain existing reporting capabilities.
- Registration, Visit, Workload, Diabetic Audit, Immunization Report, GPRA report
- Individual Diabetic Audit Flow Sheet, NG Diabetic Audit monthly report in use by diabetes case management team has already resulted in improvement of diabetes indicators at UIHS
- UIHS OB report EDCs, prenatal care in multiple facilities, deliveries in two hospitals
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide