This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Direct Improvement: Safety through reduction of administrative or clinical error
- Missing information
- We improved provider access to clinical information. Current chart accessible from multiple locations (within clinic with multiple providers, multiple clinic sites 2-3hrs away, from hospital or home for doc on call)
- Computerized Physician Order Entry
- Legible prescriptions to in-house/outside pharmacy with up to date medication lists in chart
- Legible nursing orders
- Drug interactions/allergies
- Allergy alert on every office visit template
- Drug interaction standard pop-ups often overridden, should be redesigned to carry more pt specific alerts
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide