This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Representation of consent protections
- Only a provider may request a patient's health record using a representation of consent.
- The requesting provider must have, in possession, a signed and dated consent from the patient.
- The releasing entity must document:
- identity of the requesting provider
- identity of the patient
- records requested/provided
- date of the request
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide