This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Applying MPSP's security & privacy principles is ongoing
- Concentrating on 4A's principles
- Data to be captured in audit logs
- Limit access requests to patients being treated and information relevant to that treatment
- Develop & accept
- written policies and procedures for participating in the exchange
- security credentialing guidelines for authorizing individuals to access health information through the exchange
- minimum standards for routine auditing of individuals' access through the exchange
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide