This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Implementation Lessons (2)
- Use early adopters as trainers
- Users interested in research results as motivation for adoption
- Medication safety, workflow / workload
- Focus groups provided opportunity to provide feedback
- Retail pharmacies are stakeholders, too
- Patients love looking at their data with their physician
- Many exam rooms not large enough for computer
- Maintenance includes ongoing monitoring and development of plans for system downtime
- Customization of purchased system
- With great care; detailed work
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide