This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Medication error study
- Evaluate the impact of e-prescribing on medication errors and adverse drug events (ADEs)
- Capture error characteristics and severity
- Pre-/ post- study
- Retrospective review, 10,000 scripts (3,000 for pilot study at 1 internal medicine clinic)
- Adopted definition and severity index of the NCC MERP1
- Data sources: prescriptions, EHR, laboratory values, hospital admit / discharge / emergency department note
1National Coordinating Council for Medication Error Reporting and Prevention. http://www.nccmerp.org/aboutMedErrors.html
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide