This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Care Management Plus can help create a medical home.
Care Managers act as a guide, coordinator, and helper to facilitate patients receiving coordinated, sensitive care.
- Evidence-based practice
- CMP: embeds certain disease protocols
- Clinic: consensus about approach and maintenance
- Performance Measurement
- CMP: Tracking database creates reports
- Clinic: works with payers to change reimbursement
- Collaborative care planning
- CMP:Care manager works with patient, family, and catalyzes plan
- Clinic: Refers appropriate patients for intervention.
- Health Information technology
- CMP: Provides pop. management and flexible reminders
- Clinic: Creates patient summary
- Planned visits
- CMP: assessment and structure part of training, protocols
- Clinic: has technique for less intensive structured visits.
- Quality improvement
- CMP: team approach part of assessment, CM training
- Clinic: must commit to measurement and change
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide