This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Renewal Workflow Findings
- eRx decreases dependence on phone / fax
- Incoming Rx
from local pharmacies
- eRx practices still depend on paper for internal processing
- For phoned-in requests, 81% communicated to MD by paper
- Only 7% entered into OnCallData™ on the front end
- For faxed requests, fax itself used for internal communication 91%
- 73% sent back to pharmacy via eRx
- only 33% come in by eRx, but most entered into OCD on back end
- 25% of authorizations called or faxed to pharmacy vs. 90% in control
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide