This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Medication History Test
- Medication history (November test)
- Existing (RxHub) rx history transfers not being looked at by users
- Typical month: available 13,000 times but viewed only 130 (1%); jumped to 4% in October
- October '06: SureScripts (filled prescriptions from pharmacies) added to RxHub (claims paid by prescription benefit managers)
- Training intervention at nine UHMP practices
- Print prescription history and place on paper chart at time of encounter during November
- Only one practice (Euclid IM) complied, and was eager to stop
- Mixed response from physicians, but continue to support importance of transferred prescription history (at least conceptually)
- Early problems with SureScripts patient matching; unable to fully evaluate
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide