This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Prior Authorization Testing
- Prior Authorization test with Anthem; "unsolicited model"
- Prescriber sees drug-specific questions when drug is picked
- Celebrex, Mobic, Lyrica, Provigil, Viagra, Nexium, Crestor, Vytorin
- Answer questions, submit and receive response via OnCallData™
- PLUS parallel fax-based workflow
- All UHMP non-pediatric practices, no training!
- Live 12/10/06
- 30 transactions over 4 weeks
- 17 prescribers, 13 practices (25/30 by surrogates)
- Mean turnaround time for authorizations: 87 min
- Main glitch: 12/30 were "repeats"
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide