This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
- Eligibility checking works remarkably well
- But users universally unaware
- No human assessment of dual-eligibles or possible false+ MPI matches
- Disappointing impact on formulary/cost but difficult to interpret
- NEWRX workhorse—extremely important
- Primary driver of surrogate adoption
- Persistent transmission reliability issues
- Most problems due to human factors @ pharmacy?
- Med Hx: Transaction is easy; workflow integration isn't
- NoFill clinically risky w/o true transaction; need order ID
- Prior Auth: not fully tested; big hit for providers
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide