This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
The dilemma of the consumer
- When our project started, Tennessee was in the middle of a Medicaid "crisis" (TennCare)
- The Participants were not comfortable with the issues and wanted time to learn about HIE before engaging the consumers
- As a result a very limited dialogue with consumers occurred in the planning phase
- The Fact sheet was developed by an adult literacy group and there were others involved in the review
- We know that engaging the consumer must go hand in hand with the organization's communication plan
- The consumer strategy should be addressed from a community perspective with other partners in the community
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide