This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Image of Tennesee with counties in four different colors to denote geographical sections. Counties in the southwestern corner of the State are in red and circled.
- The MidSouth eHealth Alliance is a 501(c)3 organization that serves citizens in the Greater Memphis area
- Approximately 1.1 million citizens
- 25% of the citizens are at or below the poverty line
- Began as a state funded planning project in August 2004. Awarded an AHRQ State & Regional Demonstration contract in September 2004. Also received additional state funding
- Board was founded in February 2005
- Board identified the first point of access to be the Emergency Department
- First emergency department began using the system on May 23, 2006
- Today we have 5 hospital emergency departments with plans to implement the remaining 9 emergency departments in the three counties between now and the first quarter of 2008
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide