This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
What we have done to navigate the privacy and cinfidentiality issues
- Following the Connecting for Health policy framework and model contracts, the board created the Operations Committee
- All Participants have a voice/vote in addition the MidSouth eHealth Alliance has a voice/vote
- The Operations Committee has become the forum for discussing the privacy, security, confidentiality and legal landscape. They advise and educate the Board and others.
- Reviews and recommends policy changes
- Reviews requests for different uses of the data
- Reviews applications for participation
- Responds to specific agenda items from the Board—usually related to policy
- The Operations Committee is involved in the expansion of scope and use of data discussions
- Expansion of scope beyond the emergency room
- Ambulatory sites
- Expansion of use of the data
- Public health reporting
- Reportable diseases
- De-identified/Annonymized data for epidemiology studies
- Case management
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide