This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Summary Plan Description (SPD) Language
- Federal regulation and preventive services
- Preventive medications and preventive treatments
- Employers can shape plans to promote delivery and use
- HDHPs and "safe-harbor" coverage
- Waive deductible and eliminate copays
- Waive deductible and reduce copays
- Waive plan deductible and require standard copay
- Apply standard deductible but provide separate financial benefit for preventive services
- Implications for health plans?
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide