This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Tobacco Use Treatment
- Tobacco Use Treatment
- Coverage begins at age 18 (coverage provided for younger populations depending on medical need)
- Eligible at every medical encounter
- Brief counseling (in-person) and intensive counseling (in-person or telephonic)
- 2 courses of 6 counseling session each calendar year (total of 12 sessions per year)
- All FDA-approved nicotine replacement products and tobacco cessation medications, as prescribed by a clinician
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide