This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
USPSTF Process for Development of Recommendations
- Define question and outcomes of interest
- Search for benefits and harms of the service
- Evaluate QUALITY of individual studies
- Synthesize and judge STRENGTH of available evidence
- Determine balance of BENEFITS and HARMS
- Link recommendation to judgment about net benefits
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide