This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Standardized Consent Process
- Current State law: Does not specify requirements for a consent form or process
- New law: What needs to be explicitly referenced in a consent form?
- Purposes of disclosure
- Names of providers involved in exchange
- Special protections for certain information
- At what point is consent obtained?
- Provider level
- Facility level
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide