This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
New York State Environment: Health IT Activities
- Coordinated leadership in public and private sectors
- NYS DOH's Office of Health Information Technology Transformation
- New York e-Health Collaborative (NYeC)
- Significant funding for state and regional initiatives
- HEAL NY grants designed to improve quality and efficiency by providing capital funds to support health care restructuring and health IT adoption
- Phase 1 totaled ~ $53 million for 26 projects—many are RHIOs and a handful are EMR focused
- Phase 5 combines funding from Phase 3 and totals $105.75 million for RHIOs and CHITAs
- External evaluator partnering with stakeholders and RHIOs to standardize evaluation metrics (quality and ROI) and methodologies
- Collaborative policy framework
- NY HISPC forging stakeholder consensus on policies and procedures to protect privacy and security, assuring consumer access and engagement
NYS DOH's Office of Health Information Technology Transformation...
- Created in ???? to
Instrumental in coordinating state agencies. Worked with RHIOs to prepare two proposals (one for CMS Medicaid Transformation Grant focusing on eRx and one for CDC to develop capacity for automated reporting of public health information through RHIOs)
Created in ????
Focus on ???
Orchestrated development of a proposal for HHS-ONC NHIN trial implementation with local RHIOs
Collaborative Policy Framework
- NY HISPC
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide