This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Questions we ask
- How do you define value ("return") qualitatively?
- How do you define cost ("investment") qualitatively?
- From what perspective are your definitions derived?
- individual / family
- payer (and intermediaries)
- the public good
- What is the domain of measurement?
- a technology?
- a system of care?
- How well can we measure cost and return?
- How much trouble should we take to perform these measurements?
- To what extent does "ROI" really guide decision-making for HIT?
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide