This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
My positions / questions
- If we don't define the problem correctly, we'll get the wrong answer
- example: CPOE—must be at least the med administration cycle
- example: eRx—definition should be prescriber-dispenser unit
- example: health information exchanges—not "stand-alone"
- Sustainability is the question, but it is the system—not any specific component, that is should be modeled
- Are hospitals sustainable?
- Is Medicare sustainable?
- Are health plans (and medical inflation) sustainable?
- the whole can be greater than its parts
- Are established intermediaries really sustainable?
- or did they simply get there first?
- are they merely holding on the the money and control?
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide