This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
The system is heavily used
- Over 250 users
- ED Staff including clinicians, registrars, and unit secretaries
- Future—adjacent states, ambulatory settings
- Between 70 and 95 percent of registered users used the system last month
- Since May, 2006, 900,000 encounters; more than 80,000 lab tests per day
- Our goal is 100% use
- Records are currently sought on about 40% of ED visitors
- For these visitors between 30 and 60% have information from other sites
- Anecdotally, our system affects care
- Impact on patients with chest pain
- Avoidance of CTs and MRIs
- Avoidance of admissions
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide