This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Assessing the Quality of Medication Reconciliation
Goal: To eliminate avoidable adverse drug events and associated patient harm due to medication discrepancies.
- Evaluation of the medication reconciliation process post-implementation to determine:
- Frequency and causes of medication reconciliation failures
- Type of discrepancies involved
- Potential patient harm averted
- Patient and/or medication-related risk factors frequently responsible for inaccurate medication reconciliation
Supported by grant number 5 U18 HS015886 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide