This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Northwestern Memorial Hospital—Chicago, Illinois
- 744-bed Academic Medical Center
- Fiscal Year 2006:
- 43,000 Admissions
- 10,000 Deliveries
- 74,000 ED Visits
- 430,000 Outpatient Registrations
- NMH Strategy:
- Provide the Best Patient Experience
- Recruit, Develop and Retain the Best People
- Achieve Mission and Vision through Exceptional Financial Performance
- Recipient of 2005 National Quality in Healthcare Award
- New Prentice Women's Hospital Opening October 20, 2007
What electronic and what is on paper re: med rec processes
Technology support for med rec; Vendor outreach/collaboration
As of November 06, 4.3% of the record remains on paper.
The biggest impact to the % of electronic information has been the implementation of CPOE and physician documentation
. 95% of our patient information is electronic.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide