This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Overcoming Provider Resistance
- Providers (practices) concerns
- Too much time to review data/alerts
- Coverage during day and on nights/weekends/holidays—"critical labs"
- Medical-legal concerns about responsibility for data—where and how to document
- Educate to respond (not just file)
- Educate to respond appropriately
- Comfort with adjusting medications over the phone
- Use of extra visits/ER when appropriate only
- "Learning curve" observed with most clinicians
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide