This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Heart Failure—A Good Target for Disease Management
- Common chronic disease
- High costs—direct and indirect
- Decreased quality of life
- High mortality
- Extensive research to guide therapy
- Appropriate therapies extend life and improve symptoms
- Therapies are "challenging" to use and implement in this high risk population
- Technology available to monitor
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide