This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Barriers to Successful Implementation of Telemedicine Interventions
- Reimbursement for supervision of telemedicine and disease management systems
- Trained clinicians to manage the data and the disease
- Mechanisms to consistently and reliably review patient data and alerts
- Development of appropriate algorithms to respond to patient data in a manner that improves patient outcomes
- Medical-legal liability for data collected
- Professional licensure across state lines
- Lack of evidence for types and frequency of patient data collected and impact
- Clinicians' fear of being replaced by technology
- Physician acceptance
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide