This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Using CAHPS Surveys for QI: Lessons Learned II
- You may encounter resistance with respect to use of patients reported data for QI- be prepared with evidence on CAHPS surveys validity and reliability
- LDOs usually define areas for QI and strategies and focus is on clinical measures
- Most providers have not focused QI on patient experiences. They will need training
- Involve patients and staff in the QI process- they know best
- It is very difficult to change organizations. It takes time and perseverance.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide