This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Overview of Items Tested
- Language Access (10 items): Use and rating of interpreters, discrimination by language
- Patient-Doctor Communication (10 items): Health and mental counseling, use of complementary/alternative medicine
- Shared Decision Making (7 items): Alternatives, preferences, values
- Discrimination (12 items)*: Insurance, race/ethnicity, language, source, how knew
- Trust (7 items): truth-telling, caring, level of trust, rating, cared for you as a person
- Health Literacy (41 items):** Tools; problems/concerns; self-management; medicines; forms; test results; navigation
* One of these items is added to the language access
**Separate project focused on this domain
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide