This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Key Questions About Products
- Does it work? Is it safe?
- Regulatory Approval
- Relevant for covered population (i.e. Medicare over 65y)
- When should it be used? Who will most benefit?
- Appropriateness guidelines
- Patient selection criteria
- How does it compare? Is it definitively better?
- Earlier generation of technology
- Within same class of technology
- Rigor of comparative reviews
- What is the value? Can the value be captured?
- Is it cost-effective? Is it cost-saving?
- Is there an ROI? When? To Whom?
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide