This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
The Promise of EBM
- Properly developed and applied, evidence-based medicine can:
- Stimulate the development of high quality information about treatments and devices
- Enhance consistent and informed healthcare decision-making by physicians, patients, caregivers and payers
- Support patient access to appropriate technologies
- Help establish the value of medicines, medical devices, diagnostics and other health services
- Provide the basis for optimal use of health care resources
- Promote a more quality-focused and cost-effective healthcare system that delivers superior patient outcomes
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide